Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Frustrations of Forehand Throws

So Kirk and I have narrowed down or forehand test discs to the final six, these are discs that have all performed well for test throws in the past, so I should be able to consistently throw them right?

That's what I would have hoped. I've literally done thousands of forehand throws while we've done our tests, and the sad thing is that not only have I not improved my average distance, but it's actually decreased.

After twelve throws each with our top six discs, my median and average distances went down...

Oh well, at least the positive is that my backhand distance has substantially improved over the summer, so my game hasn't totally diminished. It's just evolved to a different primary drive.

From our results, the top 5 discs for backhand distance throws for intermediate disc golfers right now are:

1. Innova Star Destroyer
2. Innova Champion Krait
3. Latitude 64 Bolt
4. Latitude 64 Flow
5. Innova Champion Monarch

We still have about 16 more throws with these discs, then we'll get to 100 total throws and will publish our results.

No comments:

Post a Comment