Monday, August 20, 2012

Best Disc Golf Putter

I just got a new Mach 14 portable disc golf basket delivered by UPS this afternoon, and began my tests to help determine, "What is the best disc golf putter?"

Now Kirk and I did some tests with both putters and mid range discs to determine the best approach disc. For that test, our initial round of results determined that the Innova Dart putter is the most accurate approach disc, as in, it's a good disc go help you land near the pin and have an easy putt.

But what is the best disc for actually putting the disc in the basket? What disc golf putter is going to provide the most accurate results and have the lowest number of missed shots.

Now obviously everybody's hand size, and throwing style are a little different, but by performing tests we can determine the disc most likely to be the most accurate for the greatest quantity of people.

I have about 25 different putters I'm testing made by Innova, Discraft, Millenium, Westside, Latitude 64, Ching, and Vibram. So far I've thrown each disc 14 times from 25 feet out. While this sample size isn't big enough to determine anything yet, there are two discs which stand out from the pack thus far. The Millenium Omega Super Soft and the Vibram Ridge have been my two most accurate discs after one day of testing. Stay tuned for more results....

No comments:

Post a Comment