Friday, July 20, 2012

The Test Lab Blog

Last year a disc golf course was built in Providence Utah, right by my in laws neighborhood. I started playing it on a regular basis, and got hooked. In college I was an avid Ultimate Frisbee player, so disc sports, and throwing Frisbee's was not something foreign to me. Compared with most most of the people I played with, I was a pretty good disc golfer right from the beginning.

Initially, I thought that there were just three different kinds of golf discs: drivers, mid range, and putters. I had know idea that there were different brands, different weights of discs, and different plastic types until just a few months ago. I quickly learned that the plastic quality of my beginner set of "Frisbee Golf Discs" purchased from Al's Sporting goods was not of high quality. The plastic on those discs got dinged up with huge gashes after just my first round using them. That's when my eyes were opened to the vast selection of different types of golf discs and plastics.

With so many types of golf discs to choose from, how are we to know what the best discs are?

 Nobody wants to buy every disc possible just to find the best ones.... Well, nobody except for me.

That's the purpose of the Disc Golf Test Lab. I have acquired more than a hundred different disc golf discs from manufacturers such as Innova, Discraft, Westside Discs, Ching, Vibram, Millenium, and Skyquest. With my colleague Kirk, we are going through a serious of tests where we are using statistical analysis to help you determine the best disc golf discs, so you will know what to purchase. 

This blog will provide updates and insight on how our disc testing is going. If you like what you read, please subscribe, or follow the RSS feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment